How many miles on your 6.5?

GWDriver

Reaction score
My '88 Sub has over 352,000mi on it, but it's.....................a gas:puke: Would love to install a diesel in this truck since it handles well (all new bushings, springs and shocks in front), all new springs and shocks hangin' from the rear. The bigger body style is really comfortable on the long haul.

I've been looking for a '95 as well ever since I read the Maxx Torque rag's article on replacing the PMD.

BTW, any forum members here in San Antonio?

Last edited:

Black dawg

Reaction score
on motor number two, second set of replaced head gaskets on said engine, and 7 700r4s. now with th400 and205. somewhere between 450 and 500k.

89 burb 3/4 4x4 6.5 banks turbo th400/205

Missouri Mark

Freeride
Reaction score
124,000 PMD has been replaced as well as glow plugs. Its kinda neat The old owner was meticulous and kept the recipts for EVERYTHING that was done to the truck and gave me them when I bought it.

I've only had it for about 500 miles. Its my first diesel truck after coming off owning all gas trucks. So far I really like it. It fits what I want to do perfectly.

85oilburner

Reaction score
262,000 on my 95 2500 6.5, i got it at 250k and since then, replaced and relocated PMD, set of batteries, and a starter. Some pricey fixes but hey with a 1/4 of a million miles what can you expect? I still love the truck

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 86K on my 98 6.5. The truck is a ck 3500 cab and chassis long wheel base. I have an L ack and dump body on it. It hauls tows and plows all rear round. Engine ise I have replaced the block heater, oil lines 2x, injecto pump 2x, and 8 glow plugs.
All work has been under warranty. However it has never let me down when I really needed it. Never during a snow storm or when on a road trip. The last time I had injector pump issues, my local dealer who I bought the truck from and had serviced it from day 1 tried to spank me for 5K for repairs. I brought the truck to a different shop, and they took care of the problem no charge.
Safe to say Mallon Chevrolet in Norwich CT will no onger see any of my business. Terryville Chevrolet in Terryville CT are the people to see.
Dino

im lookin at a 6.5 right now with 180k on it new injection pump, tranny and sync PMD cooler. im just sayin, im outa connecticut and if i do ever go to the dealer for diagnostics or parts, where would be a good chev place?
ik that the PMD is a common problem but what is it lol LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online