How do i get black smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I know that there are differing opinions on this but I am against it. I agree with hammerdown, its just like littering......Not that I am a hippie by any means but it just seems like you are going out of your way to pollute......NOT Cool

To me the whole blowing smoke idea is just an attempt to be cool or to be seen. I gave up on that a long time ago. Your not impressing anyone by doing that.

My .02

Thad

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm not against it, obviously :D , but I do think that some people can get a little out of control with it. I was following a common rail dodge the other day, and the guy had it straight piped and had some sort of tuner. He would shift through 1st gear, then hit 2nd and go WOT at every intersection, stop, you name it. It got kinda old.

I think tuning a truck so that it only blows black smoke is kinda stupid. If you are looking for lots of power, and turn your pump up a bunch, and have a turbo, then I think its alright, cause your looking to be able to have some good power out of an IDI and smoke is just a by product with it. My truck when cruising around, anything more than 2 psi of boost if I go WOT, it puts out a real light stream, I can hardly tell by looking in the mirror.

But its fun to be able to do it every now and again :D ;Sweet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we can only hope some of it drifts to china since they pollute way more that we can ever think of.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that there are differing opinions on this but I am against it. I agree with hammerdown, its just like littering......Not that I am a hippie by any means but it just seems like you are going out of your way to pollute......NOT Cool

To me the whole blowing smoke idea is just an attempt to be cool or to be seen. I gave up on that a long time ago. Your not impressing anyone by doing that.

My .02

Thad

I agree with dakotajeep. By flaunting our diesel smoke, we draw attention to ourselves and may cause new legislation that targets wvo, wmo, and diesels in general. We don't need this kind of attention and we don't need gross polluters representing our diesel community in this way.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread closed for the fact that the question asked was answered. If you want black smoke the info on how to do so was provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online