Hi All

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
Ok Guys,

Thanks for all the info I still have not gone to do any more to it, (I got stuck repalcing a rear main on mustang last night for a friend insteadof workign on the truck).

Anyways We are talking about the pedal sinking slowly to the floor NOT Heat Fade sorry.....

I just had the drums turned and i thought i manually adjusted them to where the shoes drag. the drums coudl stand to be repalced they are not that great and they look like they are pretty weel done with(no way i woudl turn them again). shoes are brand new everythgin cleaned up adjusted them by hand.

Drums are like 45.00 sdo maybe just put them on reduce the amount of travel needed and re adjust tehm.

going to isolate front from rear and see where issue lays. MC feels great until it's omthe truck

Thanks

BTW I aint selling her just got her looked long and hard to find it !!

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
Ok,

I put new drums on the back last night, a hell of alot better does nto seem to fade but not 100% sure, drove truck around last night to break in the new drums and seat the shoes and the front pads. pedal is a bit soft now and if i stomp on the brakes it's spongy and they don't lock up and I get a ABS light...

so might still be air in the lines or maybe it's that darn valve but I hope not. adjusted everything to the max park brake works when about 1/2 way down now.

Anyone have exp with the valve that screws on the master cyl ? I think it's a regulator valve for the rears not 100% positive on that tho. Should that be replaced as well? I'm sure it's not much and I and working my way thu the whole truck might as well replace it eh?

Truck drives nice but i may need to get alignment checked (I can check toe but thats about it) .

Anyone got idea's on spedometer gears? I have 305/70/16 for tires and I know that speedo is not reading correct.... I'm 100% positive the rears have never been changed along with anything else on the the truck the PO just drove it thats all...

I took sme pic last night but they didnt transfer to my e-mail correctly but I will post some today for you guys to drool over :)

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online