Help with electric fuel pump

Grady J

Reaction score
Just got through installing my new electric fuel pump on my 88 7.3 idi NA, the pump is a facet 40222, and it isn't pumping any fuel. I followed the instructions thread on this forum so I know it's installed properly, and I can hear it running when I turn the key on but it's not pumping any fuel, even the mini filter at the bottom is bone dry. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may be better at pushing fuel.
Prime it from the tank first.????

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine took forever to prime cause everything drains back to the tank when you unhook the line. Try to prime it from a can to make it easier on the pump. Mine took 3 or 4 minutes.

Grady J

Reaction score
Mine took forever to prime cause everything drains back to the tank when you unhook the line. Try to prime it from a can to make it easier on the pump. Mine took 3 or 4 minutes.
Good idea, I'll try that and report the results.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turkey baster? Pressure in tank? Gravity?
Fill filter,and lines firsthand

Grady J

Reaction score
I'm pleased to report that it worked. I just hooked a small length of hose to the inlet and filled up a can with diesel kleen, let the pump run and fill with kleen until I could see that the filter was full, took a minute to start because of all the air in the line but it worked. Thanks for the help guys.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking this question. I am going to install a Facet Duralift in my truck very soon, and you may have saved me form asking the question. I will fill the pump so it will prime faster.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

She's got a 4 hour dry run allowance.Install it and let her prime the system for ya guys.You wont hurt her.

Grady J

Reaction score
So I haven't had a chance to really drive my truck since I installed the epump (my exhaust fell off) but I have gone out and starter it up a couple of times, and it seems to me that cold starts take longer with the epump than with mechanical, has anyone else experienced this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony