Help Me Decide, got to buy tomorrow

trisha

Reaction score
I need tires for my 02 SD diesel Crew. No off road,most highway miles, some towing. has original tires with 47000 miles. Want good ones that give good ride and last. don't have a clue what to buy. Posted this in wrong forum, so now I am moving here. Thanks Trisha, La.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2002 I run Firestone Steeltex. 265-75-16's I got 50,000 out of the first set with tread to spare and should get that out of the next set. Mixed driving and above average power and they held up great. Just make sure to rotate every 15,000

Big Red CC Dually

Reaction score
Trisha,

The Michelin LTX MS 235/85/16 are very good tires to use on you dually for a good ride, great wet traction, and long life. The best price I found when replacing the first set (60,000 miles) was from Sam' Club. They aren't cheap, if I remember correctly I paid around $135 each, and I have 6.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I will also say go with LTX M/S Michelins they will probably give you the best option you are looking for. If you are nothing but pavement the XPS Rib would wear better and slightly better fuel mileage.

The Toyo M-54 is good so is the BF Goodrich Commercial T/A Allseason or Bridgestone R250. You will want to stick with a commercial light truck tire if your looking for long wearing tire.

trisha

Reaction score
Well NO one had the LTX so I went with the Bridgestone Revo's. Hope I did not make a big mistake.. Thanks all of you, you are great people. Trisha

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i have heard very good things about the revos... and a buddy of mine has a set on a CC chevy with the 8.1 gasser and loves them.. they are very quiet and have great traction... not sure how many miles he has on them so i can't speak for wear

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I know the price of Revo's here are more than LTX M/S which is surpising. The last time I looked LTX M/S were 199.00 dollars and Revo's were 230.00 dollars Canadian funds for Lt235/85R16s.

Bridgestone makes good tires I think you should have alright sucess with the Revos.

I just checked 1010 tires the Revos have dropped to 215.00 each and now I see LTX have gone up to the same price :eek:

Ohwell I hope you get more than 20,000kms 12,428 miles like I get out of set of steer axle tires cookoo

Good luck with the tires these ones should last longer if you lay off the brake stands showing off the power of a PSD LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online