Help Instaling banks kit

Uncle Yeti

Reaction score
Ok I have the kit but having a problem with the cdr valve mounting to the elbow , it sit off it and does not seal, I do t know what I am doing wrong at this point, I decided to do it si ce I have to swap the trans out and it would be open enough to do.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd have to post a picture to be sure, but there's a fat rubber seal that goes between the CDR and whatever it mounts to. Mine was missing it, and I really just noticed a few weeks ago.

Uncle Yeti

Reaction score
So the kit i have is

FOR 1983-1993 FORD F250/F350 6.9/7.3L, MANUAL TRANSMISSION is going on my 1989 f250 5 speed 4x4 , I am missing parts from banks now and its a bit of a ****** , I wish they would have cleaned the instructions up better, I will be calling banks on Tuesday. It just aggravating for me , need my truck back.​

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Banks made three kits for these trucks. All three kits will fit any of these trucks. The exception is that it has to be for a manual transmission. If you don't know which kit you have, pictures would help us let you know.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
On bank's website, they list one kit per transmission you have. Which is odd to me, that the c6 and E4od are two different kits. Can confirm, an auto kit will not fit a Zf5, since the manual bell is larger for the clutch.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
On bank's website, they list one kit per transmission you have. Which is odd to me, that the c6 and E4od are two different kits. Can confirm, an auto kit will not fit a Zf5, since the manual bell is larger for the clutch.
Not counting the differences between the kits for manual tans VS. auto trans, Banks made three turbo kits. The first gen, the early Side Winders and the later Side Winders that are still available. The automatic kits don't count because he has a manual transmission. WE don't know which turbo kit he has so there's three possibilities.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
All three of the kits that Banks made (for manual transmissions) could work on a truck with a 5 speed manual transmission. I have a first gen banks kit (the very first kit that Banks made for our trucks) that came with the 7.3 that's in my Blue Truck now. It came out of a 1990 with a 5 speed behind it. The problem here is that you think that auto trans vs. manual trans means a different turbo kit. It doesn't it means a couple of different parts in the kit. The fact that you have a 5 speed transmission has nothing to do with which turbo kit you have. The different kits all had different air boxes and intake parts. You're talking about the CDR not mounting up. It connects to the intake pieces somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online