help injectors

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.O. had over tightened #6 took about 150# +/- to get het out covered in rust & etc but dry & feel off into hole can I crank over by hand with pump out to push debris out of hole # 6. all inj are out.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So are you saying that the tip fell off into the cylinder? If thats the case, and the hole is big enough, you can buy a magnet thats long and slender, and try to get it through there. Other than that, I doubt rotating the crank over by hand will do anything except get it closer to the injector hole. I would say the easiest way, and the way more than likely you will have to do, is to just take off the head and get it out of there. I'm sure others will chime in with other ideas.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no the injector did come out whole there was just so much scale on the lower surface that some is in the hole to the point that its plugged, gonna try turning to tdc in the morn & blowing thru gp hole to remove the crud.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it to tdc & put the air to 'er blew all kinds 'o' goop out of #6 till it was just clean air then put all injectors back in pulled the gp's out to turn 'er to tdc on #1 she'll move clockwise to 7 oclock then it's stuck, have only tried by hand.

fireman438

Reaction score
I think I'm missing something here. Shorthair, please fill me/us in on exactly what is going on with your engine.

Rich

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soaked all cly's overnite in pb pulled the new inj's back out still wuold not turn forwards did turn back 1/4 turn put air to each gp hole till all blew clean air now rotates clockwise fairly freely 1 plus full turns to #1 tdc put inj's, gp's & pump all back in should start or be 180* off on the the 4th.
thanks for all the help.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SHE BE RINNING !!!!!!!!!! a bit retarded & slow to start but she'll probably make it to get timed.
thanks all

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad its up and running. Sometimes you get lucky with the carbon. This has happened to another member too. He didn't try to keep the huge amounts of carbon from getting into the precups. That motor was really stuck. I think it was Mercury tune up that disolved the carbon till it would turn over by hand. Then the starter was used spraying crap everywhere. Gees... The things we learn here and there...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online