Help finding correct radiator for early Powerstroke - pretty please

QuercusRubra

Reaction score
So the question, first: how do I find the right radiator, and do you know of any that are better than others.

I just bought a '95 F350 Powerstroke and after a few days in NY the coolant froze... that new coolant he put in wasn't antifreeze enough...
My shop checked it over and says I got lucky: the coolant just got slushy and is only leaking from the radiator and lower hose.

Problem is, I seem to have that early radiator setup and the parts aren't listed. I bought the Spectra radiator listed for '95 F350 7.3L, and everything I've found to cross-reference says it's right, but it's not the same as the one I have -- doesn't have a fill cap, doesn't have a flange like mine to blot up to the support. Dealer says from the vin I have the "heavy duty cooling option" and it's all copper/brass, which looks nice, but it is also 20 years old-looking, so...

I'm just having a hard time finding any info on what radiator will fit, or is correct, or should be in there. Is it the same as the '94 radiators? That's what some are guessing. They have a fill cap and looks like the flange.

Does any one have any tips here? I'd so much appreciate any advice.

Has anyone used anything from Alumorad?

http://www.alumorad.com/ford-f250-f...googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=18283950120

By the way, to those noticing newer aluminum radiators only have 2 rows instead of 3 or 4, that's not bad. I see people discussing this often. Surface area is what's important for cooling and the aluminum tubes can be made wider so only 2 are needed for the same radiator thickness. They say this is even better because the space between the rows adversely affects the air flow and cooling.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like they were still using the IDI radiator when your truck was produced.
go to your auto store and look up one for a 93-94.5 and compare that one to the one you have.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toward the end of 95 ford switched over to what everyone is trying to sell you.have the parts place look it up for a 94 f350 PSD.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Ah, the joys of having to explain what a "1/2 year" actually means... welcome to the club. Just pick an earlier year and run with it. You'd have to change your degas bottle if you wanted to run the radiator without the filler cap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online