Hello from Norcal

Anm8r

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and diesels. I bought a '91 F350 with a utility bed last year as an expedition toy. I go out to the Northern Nevada desert several times a year to shoot long range steel explore and drink a few beers in the evenings. The lock boxes are awesome for keeping all the aux equipment, repair parts guns locked up.

I've replaced just about about everything and added a Banks Sidewinder because when I hit those long steep grades over 5000' in the Sierra Nevada Mtns the power loss is excruciating. I hated going slow and watching my fuel go up in smoke.

I had back surgery in May so installing the Banks was beyond me. I got a quote from a local mechanic for $650 and dropped it off. I got it back running great but with 2 problems. When I back up my steep driveway the exhaust rattles hard against the firewall and they didn't install the gauges. They had me bring it back and charged me another $200 for that saying the $650 was just for the turbo. I argued that I gave them the kit# which included the gauges. I paid the money but am going to file a complaint. $850 seems like a ripoff to me.

Other than the growl from the exhaust hitting the firewall I love this truck. If the mechanic doesn't make it right I'll take care of that. It starts immediately and runs really smooth.

Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online