Hello another convert (A Book)

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, I stopped trying to fight my leaks. I just buy jumbo pails of $25 oil now :)

Nice truck though!

Reaction score
I did notice allot of black gunk on the bottom of the aircleaner screw when I chainged the air filter. Is it ok to use carb cleaner to clean that up? I imagine that the intake 'should' be clean since there isn't any fuel passing through there. I am guessing that the CDR is a PCV of sorts, and that is why there is the mess.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which brand of glow plugs are the new set? I wouldn't install anything other than beru/motorcraft delphi, Wellman etc. No autolites or champions thats for sure.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Yes, pick up a set of Beru plugs from Autozone and fleabay the A/Cs if you can. They're known to swell.

Mike

SKimballC

Reaction score
I had a set of AC delco's in one of my trucks when I bought it, they were fine but I chalk that up to GOOD LUCK. I pulled them for some Beru's and slept better afterwards and all was well.

Reaction score
OK, I see AutoZone sells all three brands. MAYBE I can simply return my NIB AC Delcos, then buy the Motorcraft for half price! Of corse I don't have a reciept but they are NIB and AZ loves me.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did notice allot of black gunk on the bottom of the aircleaner screw when I chainged the air filter. Is it ok to use carb cleaner to clean that up? I imagine that the intake 'should' be clean since there isn't any fuel passing through there. I am guessing that the CDR is a PCV of sorts, and that is why there is the mess.

That would be the CDR puking that mess up.

Some of us on here are running a road draft tube, where the CDR just gets vented to atmosphere. The forum FAQ has a bit in there about RDTs.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Beautiful truck! I'm teary eyed just looking at it! Used to own a '91 F-350 dually that I miss, lots.

Make sure the glowplugs you were given are Beru brand. Do not put any other brand of plug in that engine!

Enjoy your purdy truck!

Mike

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
I vote on valve cover gasket leaking, great buy. That Vaccum thing is what makes it shift. Good glow plugs+fresh battery= good starting it will save you a lot of heart ache

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online