Hard starting

Bobbo's F-350

Gotta have stacks
Reaction score
I have a 7.3 litre diesel. It was running fine, then about a couple of days ago, the thing started to barely start. It has a new injection pump, fuel pump, fuel filter, newly changed oil and filter, and a new glow plug switch/relay. This thing still will not start, but after a half an hour or so of trying to get it to start, it finally fires up. But barely. I think it is the glowplugs, so i am changing them tommorrow, I hope thats it. If anybody knows or has an idea of what might be wrong, Please let me know.

Stump puller

Reaction score
Load test the batteries and a draw test on the starter . Eliminate the simple fix first. Could be air intrusion but that is usually a stall after startup and then a hard start.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Is the wait to start light coming on and for how long?
Have you checked with a volt meter to see if the glow plugs are actually getting current?
Have you cheked the glow plugs with an ohmmeter to see if they are good or not? ( do a search in this section )

Bobbo's F-350

Gotta have stacks
Reaction score
I checked the glow plugs wednesday, and they were bad. Pieces of the glow plug were missing. So I replaced all 8, and she fired right up.Thanks for the info.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, look real close at those glow plugs. Are the broken ends all carboned up, or are the ends "freshly" broken? This is important, as it tells us if they broke some time ago (I which case, whatever damage is done is done, and you probably don't have to worry about it), or if they broke when you took them out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online