Grease Zirks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually did try and search for this and came up blank. Any ideas on how many grease zirks are on a 3rd gen and where they are?

I'm not risking my trucks to the local ziplubes anymore... after the last visit and the THING changing my oil ask one of the other guys... "does this have a filter" :backoff I'm doing it myself from now on... that was nerve racking. I actually had to stand there and watch her/him/it fumble around and explain things.

It's not the price its just the people they hire.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would probably help if I listed some information cookoo

2500 4x4 auto

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't know how manny nipples there are, but I use those in-and-out places and supervise their every move. I like them, but you gotta watch them.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to guess here Rick, but all the zirks should be in the front end. Steeing arms, king pins etc etc. I dont know if the driveline has greasable u-joints or not. All total I doubt there are more than 8-10 zirks on the whole rig. I am like you, no trolls at JiffyScrew get to drain the oil out of my truck. I did the fumoto valve and it makes dropping oil a breeze. Plus it gives me some (more) bonding time with the truck. :D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, maybe if I spelled zerks right, I would have had better luck. I should be able to handle a couple of zerks... now 8-10 would have been a bit too much bonding. I checked out the fumoto valve and the ez-drain and a couple of others but It looks like they leave about a quart in the pan on the Dodge... so I guess I'll just stick to the old tried and true method of pulling the plug and drenching my hand with hot oil. Shouldn't require more than a 6 pack. :cheers:

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's an 05 or newer, it also has a grease fitting (not a zerk) on the CV joint of the front driveshaft.

And yes, only two zerks...one at each end of the tierod.

steved

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
That's a fact. One fitting on each tie rod. Don't worry though, if you're grease crazy like me, you'll soon have the opportunity to replace u-joint by the armful(like me!! :mad: :puke: ) with greasable aftermarket units.