GP Relay wiring?

offroadohio

Reaction score
Finally found another new (since I broke the other new one) gp relay. Its been 2days since I removed the old, and tried to hook the wires up by memory.

I have the big power wires on the big post closest to the firewall, which I know is correct. Both red wires are on the small post on the right (if standing in front of the truck) the longer of the two yellow is on the big post that the piece of copper running to the square box under the relay is on
The other yellow is on the other small post.

Does this sound right? When I turn the key on everything works fine, no hot wires or anything, once the gp's kick off, the relay keeps clicking. The truck fires right up like it should (finally) however the relay continues to click.

offroadohio

Reaction score
hmm seems to have stopped doing it, is it supposed to do that until it warms up? my gp's have never worked since I've owned it.

My check engine light is still on for some reason. Are these things codable to see whats up?

Did get my a/c workin :)

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yep it's supposed to cycle the glow plugs after about 10-15 seconds depending upon engine temp sensed by the glow plugs.

The check engine light can be turned on by a low oil pressure condition or a bad oil pressure sensor or bad connection to it.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear you got it going. Hopefully it will be good to go for your trip.

offroadohio

Reaction score
Oil pressure was running at 40psi according to the mechanical guage. pressure sending unit is still hooked up and the factory guage reads at about 3/4 of the way up.

Today I started it up, and my freakin a/c wasnt workin again, still got a leak someplace I guess.

Also died twice from air, but fired up after about 5 cranks, each time, and stayed running when it fired after it died the 2nd time. Not sure if its cuase I swapped to the front tank about 30 seconds before I shut it off this morning or what, gonna leave it sit and see what happens tommorrow evneing.