Got my Duelly back finally

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the drunk wrecked my truck while it was parked in my driveway I finally got it back from the shop. Lots of new body parts, fender, tailgate, taillights, bumper, and a nice smathering of fresh paint.

I asked to see the shop report of the frame and while they didn't have any numbers I had the shop manager sign that there was no frame damage just in case something goes wrong.

I have driven it a few hundred miles so far and it drives great. I really missed the big old thing and its power :D not to mention the extra space everyone gives me on the road. :rotflmao Not much tailgating going on and folks tend to get out of my way faster too ;p

57 days total from the time they picked it up to time of return. Got a new drivers side window out of it too! They seemed to have broken the original somehow and tried to say it was like that when they picked it up. Unfortunately for them my wife was there to recieve the truck and lets just say once she was done they were ordering a new window :hail :hail :rotflmao

discbrks

Reaction score
Glad to see that you got it back... and they didn't total it. What was the final cost? Did they have to replace the rear end?

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No damage to the rear, The dealer said they were initailly going to total it but the Insurance company told them to fix it. $3513.33 was the total.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Who is your insurance company? I need to change to those folks. My lousy company was moaning about one lousy fender repair to the point of almost going total for almost the identical truck ( these jokers are worthless, I'm dropping them very soon, the body shop had never seen anything like it)

discbrks

Reaction score
Who is your insurance company? I need to change to those folks. My lousy company was moaning about one lousy fender repair to the point of almost going total for almost the identical truck ( these jokers are worthless, I'm dropping them very soon, the body shop had never seen anything like it)

I manage a body shop and deal with the insurance companies on a daily basis. In this area, State Farm and Liberty Mutual are top notch... but I think its different in other parts of the country. Customers always tell me that they're ins. company is great, never any problems.... I ask if they have ever had filed a claim?.... No, they say.... Well of course you're ins. company is great - as long as you keep making that monthly premium you'll never have a problem. But wait til you need to file a claim and see how they react.
I've had so many customers tell me, "you're not gonna put aftermarket or junkyard parts on MY car!".... and all I can say is, I can only put the parts that the insurance company is willing to pay for... it's YOUR insurance company... read the policy that you signed.

OK, off my soapbox now....

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
My old 84 had a shortened frame-when it got hit t the drivers side dooer it buckled the floor pushed the seat over so it layed against the drivers door.Since it wasn't pretty (had some rust and needed paint. They wanted to toal it and deduct for every little belmish or whatever they could find.They offered mesome measly amount-I forget exaqctly what.I told them no way it was thier drivers fault and I wanted a truck just like mone-no signing off for a pittence in cash. He smiled and told me that was all they would offer.I said well "I'm going to court.He actually luaghed at me.Then I told him it was custom and I wanted the amout added to shorten the frame on my next truck.He stopped smiling then. They paid for a complete repair and paint .I had the bed removed and put my home mede dump flatbed on it.They can loose sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes