Got my aurora today

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my aurora 2000 today and i was just wondering how you know what your wasgate is set at and how to set it? or is it a try'll and error?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Pretty much trial and error. I would think it's set low from the factory, maybe 8-10psi. They wouldn't want you to blow your motor right away.....

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha ya lol but any input on how i should set the fuel? becuase i have my nonwasgated and the pumps cranked should i leave it or turn it down?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave it and drive by the pyro. Probably going to have to plug the wastegate to get close to the same top end boost you were getting with that old Banks setup.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I test all my wastegates with a special tool I made that attaches to an air compressor. Its a hand held pressure regulator that gives an accurate reading of the air pressure at the tip and I simply insert the barb end into the wastegate hose and crank it up until I see it move, down a couple times and up again just to make sure what its set at.

91crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threadjack engaged....If I have my pump turned up a little more than it should (It smokes when I hammer it) and I have to watch my pyro on some hills even when empty... will turning up the boost lower the egt's at all using up that extra fuel? This is on my truck in my sig with the wastegate popping at 8-9psi..... Threadjack off

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd leave the fuel were it is and ditch the wastegate by plugging the tubing. IF and only IF you are seeing more than 12-13 psi, then you can rehook the tubing and adjust the wastegate to your liking. With my Banks, I couldn't see more than 9 psi with the adjuster maxed. I pluged it and got up to 12 psi. With the Moose injectors........I can peg the 15 psi gauge. But, I don't drive it up that high on a daily basis, that's just a dyno thing.;Really

Heath

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
you will probly have to have the wastegate unplugged fuel maxed and propane turned on, to ever hit 18 psi again like the other turbo

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Just for your own reference, lengthen the rod as long as it'll go. That'll let the wastegate open sooner lowering boost. Then shorten it as short as it'll go. That'll hold the gate shut as long as possible. Then disconnect the boost line to it.

Make 2 or 3 identical runs at each and then you'll know low, high and unhooked numbers. Then you can adjust the rod to your preferred location.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys ill do it but for now i think im gonna peg out the rod and leave the wasgate plugged in and see what it does and make changes later if need be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US