Got an oil leak

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got out to go to church yesterday and I had a pile of oil under the truck.:puke: I have lost about 2 qts in 60 miles of driving. The problem is I can't pinpoint the leak. I was getting after it pretty ******* Sun morn, but my pryo never went over 1000 and my boost never got over 10 psi. Anyways I have oil running down the back of the right head, where my turbo mount sits. I can see oil all over but as long as its running I can't see a leak. Once I shut it off the oil went to gushing. My oil sending unit, turbo feed line, and both inlet/ outlet of turbo is dry. My valley pan has some oil in it and my return line is moist but I can't see any drips. If I lifted a head I would expect to see a miss,smoke or something other than a wierd oil leak. I didn't think 10 psi would lift a head? Anybody seen this or got any advice? I'll probably have to pull the turbo to find it. If I do that I want to replace the supply line. The turbo end was missing the rubber bushing that kept the fitting tight. I used a pair of orings to take out the slack behind the end. Anybody have a line laying round?

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure which turbo you have, but the Banks I have was previously installed with the oil feed line rubbing a seam in the firewall which had started wearing into the oil feed line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online

No members online now.