go pedal problem

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
The excursion had some quirky behaviors for a while. Jumpy, take off and lay down, just generally not smooth acceleration from a stop. Now when you push down it does nothing. Pump it a few times and it'll go.

Is there a positon sensor or something on the pedal or what's the deal?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I do beleave there is a pentometer(sp?) on the pedal. It's also no repairable and you have to replace the whole pedal assembly.(ferd only)

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
yes it is a like a rheostat switch but theres also an idle switch and if it goes bad or is not making proper contact it will prevent you from accelerating

quickstart

Reaction score
I've been looking. I seem to remember it took time to find it on their site. I'll go to the site to see if I can find it.

quickstart

Reaction score
I couldn't find it on Fordparts.com. I ordered it from them last July. I found the same thing at powerstrokeshop.com for the same price ($43.30). The part # is 2C3Z9F836DE. I don't know if you have the adj. or the fixed but if you go to the Engine Sensors category then click on 9F836 TPS Throttle Position they have both of them there. Hope this helps. The dealer by me wanted $130.00 for it.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I couldn't find it on Fordparts.com. I ordered it from them last July. I found the same thing at powerstrokeshop.com for the same price ($43.30). The part # is 2C3Z9F836DE. I don't know if you have the adj. or the fixed but if you go to the Engine Sensors category then click on 9F836 TPS Throttle Position they have both of them there. Hope this helps. The dealer by me wanted $130.00 for it.

Thank you very much.

quickstart

Reaction score
The install is not difficult at all. Three bolts and connecting the elec. connector is all that needs to be done. I believe the bolts require a #10 socket. Is yours an adj. pedal? If the one I have on now goes south I think I'm going to try a non adj. one.