Glow Plugs

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have all of my air leaks fixed and found one bad gp all they had at NAOA was Autolite and one Champion on the shelf. I have heard bad things about the Autolites so I got the last Champion they had and put it in. Are the Autolites really as bad as I hear.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I think I have all of my air leaks fixed and found one bad gp all they had at NAOA was Autolite and one Champion on the shelf. I have heard bad things about the Autolites so I got the last Champion they had and put it in. Are the Autolites really as bad as I hear.

Do a search here and any other site that deals with these engines and you will answer your own question.
Champions aren't much better.
You can get the Beru/Motorcraft plugs in a number of places for not too horribly much Ryder Fleet Products has the zd9 for your 7.3 for under $12 ea

dieselman29200

Pa. Oil Burner
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of motorcraft/beru, I had 6 champion 2 autolite plugs that were in the truck when i bought it 4 years ago. I replaced the 2 autolite plugs with new ones and now the same two autolites burnt out again only after the 4 years that I owned ther truck. The champion plugs are still good. I will feel better getting them all changed to the motorcraft/beru plugs though.