Glow Plugs????????????

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought 8 new glow plugs from Midwest Fuel Injection and thought they were Beru (Motorcraft) but they shipped me Wellman's. Are these any good or should I ship them back?................. Jim

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever heard of those glowplugs. Someone on TDS listed a guy on e-bay selling beru's for around $6 a piece.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim,
I got the same thing, Wellman's from MFWI. Since I was already comitted to the job I went ahead and installed them. That was in November, so far so good. I actually posted the same thing you just did on the other site. I didn't get much feedback from anyone running them. I think it was Pete who linked me to this website:

http://www.wellmanautomotiveproducts.co.uk/view.htm

Looks like they care about having a quality product. I haven't had any problems.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to their web site they make GP's for International and Cat and Travis said he had used them and no problems. I need them so I will install them and see what happens. ................... Thanks to all.......... Jim

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim and Tristan,

How have the Wellman plugs been holding up?

I fell victim to the same thing (thought I was buying Berus from MWFI and got Wellmans)...the good news is I can wait to return them and get Berus if these plugs are junk; I'm not driving the truck very much...

Thanks!

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the Wellman's are doing fine, no problems, as MWFI is recomened by many and I am sure we are not the only one's that have bought them I am sure we would have heard some bad reports by now. Again I am pleased with them...................... Jim

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the solid state controller is less likely to give the kind of glow plug problems that caused people to have to fish them out of the heads. Most of those situations were resultant from the latching relay failing in the "on" position and burning up the plugs. I would feel pretty safe with the solid state with anything other than autolites or chumpions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent