Glow Plugs

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I checked online and I can order them great.....

What ones do I need for:

84 6.9 N/A
93 7.3 Turbo

Please help as I would love to order a set for delivery to 98844 zip

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the ZD9's online. . But why is it that they do not come up when I type in my type of vehicle? I called autozone close to me and they had bosh and autolite only. I think the bosh was $13 a piece. Why is it that they do not carry this part number on their computer in the stores only online?

sassyrel

Reaction score
when i go to their site--i can only order 1 at a time??????????? what a screwed up deal--ill try later though:D :D

sassyrel

Reaction score
going to dmoines,ia in the morning--16 zd1a,16 zd9, 16 zd11's----:D :D :D i have all three vehicles---

sassyrel

Reaction score
Z D 9 glow plugs - $3 bucks a pop at Auto Zone. Guess what the old girl is getting in the next week or so...

I have them in my hands, and they are Berus.

Rob.
we allll thank you very much--isnt a forum like this great??????????

Rob94F250

Reaction score
Glad I could finally help out. I have certainly benefitted from everyone's help over the last couple of years.

Rob.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
All right now...I thought I was being a bit piggy buying 2 full sets for spares (my ol' lady gives me no end of grief about "spares") :backoff Y'all are buying 5 sets of these things? I haven't had my IDI for long...do you go through a set a year? 2 years? Are you just more of a packrat than I am? cookoo

I'll have them order some in, or mail order some if they are super short lived (I picked up 16 this afternoon in town).

Mike

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no need to have SETS as spares. Glow plugs burn out one at a time and can be replaced as such. Although if your existing plugs are Autolite etc they should all be replaced with the proper Ford plugs.

When I get a new truck I replace all of the plugs then keep the old good ones as spares.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no need to have SETS as spares. Glow plugs burn out one at a time and can be replaced as such. Although if your existing plugs are Autolite etc they should all be replaced with the proper Ford plugs.

When I get a new truck I replace all of the plugs then keep the old good ones as spares.

Really? I thought it was a set thing? Anyway I bought 4 sets. Shipping over 75 bucks is free.

Thanks for the info!!!!!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glow plugs are like light bulbs. They have a variable lifespan and can be replaced as needed.

If you are seeing whole sets of plugs burning out then either they are overheating or you are using a sub-standard plug.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Glow plugs are like light bulbs. They have a variable lifespan and can be replaced as needed.

If you are seeing whole sets of plugs burning out then either they are overheating or you are using a sub-standard plug.
vwerrryyyyyyy true--i like to have plenty as spares--and berus no less--yahhhhhhh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online