Glow Plugs

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I know everyone says to get the Beru.

I have tried a few parts stores here and all they have is Bosh or Autolite (which they say is the OEM ones cookoo )

I have not been to the dealer yet (still out of lube from the last time I was there.) But are the Bosh ones OK to use? They have always been the one of choice for the VW stuff that I have done.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe you can order them from Autozone via the Internet, probably cost you an arm and leg in customs though. Can you receive them as a gift? LOL

Others are saying they have good luck with Wellman from ebay, dual coil for the pre 87 engines with the electronic controller.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our autozones around here keep them right on the shelf. they come in a ford motorcraft bag and all. Don't go in and ask for beru's though, cause they don't know. they just know that they have ford ones on the shelf.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Give DAS in Mapleleaf BC for some. They have what you want and more....:D

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
What does DAS stand for so I can find them :)
It's the more that I am worried about though...

*Total site note and sorta off topic, but the truck will use it... I finaly got the permit to build my shop. Should be starting in Jan 07!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
This look like berus but with no motorcraft baggy You may want to ask the seller first, also they allways say when they are real berus.

All I can do for now.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
You can also email this guy but He better combine shipping or is not worth it.
OUCH! well, $50usd shipping for a $10usd part.. plus he won't ship USPS, only UPS, so there is another $80cdn brokerage fee... I doubt I will buy from him :rotflmao

I e-mailed the DAS guys, see what they quote me :)
Thanks for the info!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm, just call DAS; they are friendly and eager to help. They don't really believe in answering email from what I hear. I wouldn't hesitate to use Wellman or Bosch with the 87 and later system, but I would never put autolites in my engine. I'd probably use ether and no glow plugs or the block heater all the time before those after some of the horror stories I have heard. Still the berus are your best bet. They are tried and true and last well with this system,
J.D.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online