Glow Plug Problem

Dambnicetruck

DAMBNICETRUCK
Reaction score
Hello , Have a slight problem with my glow plugs. I turn on as usual. The wait light comes on for the normal period, and the voltage drops huge, so I figure the plugs are on. After I start there is no more cycling on and off. It just stays on for the period it would normally click on and off, then it turns off. Why does it not click any more. I went and blew 130 bucks on the relay thingy on the valve cover, but it didn't help. Whats left?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
How was it starting before? Lots of cranking afterwards or did it light right off?
Is the ground wire for the GPC connected (blk wire) to the intake?

Had a similar occurrence after a motor swap, light would come on but couldn't hear it cycling and started hard. Problem found was the ground wire for the GPC was not completly tightened down to make good contact. :backoff

Dambnicetruck

DAMBNICETRUCK
Reaction score
Plugs seem to heat up as the light does go out. It takes slightly longer though. Maybe a second or two. Starts pretty good, but not like it used too. It is getting cold in the morning though. I get huge voltage drop when wait light is on(9volts), then after start it goes to about 10 volts, then a few seconds later recovers totally. So I presume the plugs are working??? And shutting off. But why no clicking any more. All wires are tight.