Glow Plug Controllers

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Well just had mine replaced and it just died. Was happily driving down the road and the gp lights go on and stay on. I pull over, restart and the light goes out. This morning truck won't start, gp lights won't go on.

I had had the gp's hot wired to a toggle on the dash - but had that removed when the controller was repaired. Clearly a big mistake. I assume that having the toggle switch and a working controller will not be an issue - correct?

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summit Racing sells a nice momentary on/off (spring loaded/push button) so you can't accidenally leave it on. I used a Sea Doo starter button on a jet ski we were sending to the scrap yard at work. Same concept. You don't need a functional GP controller with a switch. My opinion is the factory GP controller is junk. Always had to glow them twice in cold weather, now it starts way better. Glow it once and it starts. Down to 8 degrees without being plugged in. Use the Motorcraft glow plugs.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
One of the better mods I performed on my truck, was to bypass the EXPENSIVE controller and run them manually

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online