Getting a New TQ ans Pump Kit

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Getting a New TQ and Pump Kit

As I type.. Suncoast TQ and Pump with a shift kit.. Can't wait to see the difference.. My TQ was going it sounded like a box of rocks inside the old one..:D

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it works out, Id like to do a new TC and FTVB on my tranny. How much is the Suncoast kit?

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Got my truck back...man what a difference..I didn't realise how noisey my TQ was.... I can acctually here my engine over the TQ.. Shifts a firm and feels good...

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I am running the Suncoast SD43 single plate conv. With the transgo pump and valve body kit. I think it was right at a Grand for both. It shifts like it has a manual trans.:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morepower,

That TC/transgo combo is holding together at your HP/TQ numbers? If so, thats great news. I want to do a beefy TC (havent decided which one yet) and most likely will go to a transgo kit too rather than the FTVB. I know I wont be pushing the HP/TQ numbers you are when I finish my mods.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine held the power great. My truck is no where near what it was putting out last summer. I sold the Huge injectors and the ball bearing turbo. I was having issues with draining the coolant reservoir on 10 mile 100mph plus runs:eek: Even with the $600 head studs. The only time she would have an issue was prolonged over 40 psi. It would blow out the cap:mad:

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by morepower02
Cool, I am running the Suncoast SD43 single plate conv. With the transgo pump and valve body kit. I think it was right at a Grand for both. It shifts like it has a manual trans.:D

Thats exactly what I had put in right at a Grand for parts.. and a little over $300 for the install..

How many miles we're on your tranny when you upgraded?? hows it holding up now??

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35,000 I put them in. It has 57,000 on it know. The most positive and controled shifts I have ever felt:) With or without a chip it is great.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
morepower,

That TC/transgo combo is holding together at your HP/TQ numbers? If so, thats great news. I want to do a beefy TC (havent decided which one yet) and most likely will go to a transgo kit too rather than the FTVB. I know I wont be pushing the HP/TQ numbers you are when I finish my mods.
Mike, As you know, I've got a HD TC with the trans-go shift kit and pump mod. Who says the E4OD stands for E4cruddy :D. My tranny rocks :D although it's not a Suncoast or BDS.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I wanna hear too guys. I was not feeling real zippy about dumping 4 grand on a BTS (not that its not a good tranny, Im just a tightwad) so if I can make some decent HP and keep the E4OD hanging tough for around a grand I'm happy.