Gearing up for my PSD swap.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Ok, I finished the 97 F350 4x4 PSD truck I was working on last week for a decent payday.:sly. I will be stripping the donor 95 F250 4x4 in a week or so. I bought a MINT diesel rad support from Arizona, an almost new 13" LUK clutch kit, a nice saddle mount fuel tank to make it easier to fill up and I got my hands on a hydroboost unit this week as well. I've ordered a bunch of new stuff:

oil pan
rad hoses
motor mounts
manifold gaskets, bolts and up-pipe donuts
turbo o-ring kit
two new hydroboost hoses
new rotors, drums, pads, shoes and front brake hoses

I still need to find a power steering pump for the hydroboost or get a new one. I also plan to get the A/C working again. The deck needs a coat of paint and the cab could use some too. I bought a new winch with a wireless remote to build a small deck crane for it. She's going in my garage some time in June for the big refit. I'll post some pics as I go along.:D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power steering pump is the same for hydro /non hydro .if you got the exhaust donuts from Ford or international ,take them back .get exhaust donuts for a small block chevy .they seal tighter and never have to replace them again

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I know about the pumps but I haven't been able to find one yet to get a 2 return port reservoir and the pump on the truck now works good so I would like to re-use it. I haven't bought any up pipe stuff yet. Waiting to see what I find when pull the donor engine. I can get a reman pump cheap locally. I'm prepping my drag car now to race this month and one more mustang engine build after that before ill have time to get into my PSD swap. I can't wait to get at it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The info needed for the donuts should be in the part number sticky thread

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I started stripping the donor today, I made a good dent in it this afternoon. I have about $600 in new parts here for the engine. I did notice the donor has a reman starter and appears to have had the oil pan and oil cooler replaced at some point but I still plan to put the new pan I bought on it. Im taking my time so I can save as much as I can and I'm also saving all the A/C gear so I can put a/c back in the 92. My next door neighbor is a commercial a/c and heating tech so he has all the gear in his truck to test/charge it up.:sly You can see the coolant heated fuel lines with the yellow clamps on them, the previous owner was using waste oil for fuel in the summer.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The donor is out, time to start putting new parts on it. I'm going to have to replace the exhaust manifolds, they are pretty thin where the up pipe bolts pass through and that area will likely fall off when I try to remove them. I'm using the 95 engine on the stand, the one in the back ground is the 99 van engine I bought dirt cheap. I have everything here for a hydroboost conversion and I'm putting A/C back in the truck as well. I'm tired of hauling scrap in a hot truck...LOL

Slightly used 13" clutch kit.

1995 dash for a wiring donor to install in my dash.

The entire middle shelf is new or used powerstroke swap parts for this project. I only need a couple more items and I should have all I need. I'm going to start on the engine prep this weekend, lots of work to be done there first.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I found a nice saddle mount fuel tank from a Uhaul truck too, just need to shorten it a bit to fit they way I want.

here's where it's going.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I ordered two new manifolds from Rock Auto today, $304 to my door - locally I was looking at $500!!!. I'll tear into this on the weekend. I still need to get a rear main seal, this one appears to be leaking.