Gauges

6.9_Idi

6.9idi Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone, you all know that the stock gauges are terrible so I am working on replacing them while following the guide on the tech articles. My question is: are there any other helpful gauges that I should install for my non turbo 6.9?

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If hauling alot transmission temp if you have an automatic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a c6 auto. I have EGT, Coolant Temp, Trans Temp and Oil Pressure.

Adding a voltage gauge can also be helpful. For this I went the easy/cheap/lazy way by getting one that plugs into the 12v outlet in the cab. Probably not quite as good as having hardwired gauge to the batteries, but it does let me know when items are drawing a lot and if I am having any alternator issues. It saved me on my last road-trip. The alternator went out and the gauge let me know in enough time to make it to the parts store for a replacement instead of finding out when I came back out after a pit stop and van wouldn't start.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all isspro
egt is a must
coolant temp is a must
oil temp would probably be a good one because from what I have learned oil temp really gets up there when ya work them.
Trans temp is debatable even with a manual. Its one of those that is nice to know but sometimes you don't want to know. (electrical tape over the check engine light sort of deal.) my manual empty runs 190-210*
voltage is alright I got it because it came with the kit I bought
Fuel Psi is another good one to know.
boost psi also a good one.
If you are looking for isspro deals hop on facebook and look up joe oram. He sells isspro ev2s for cheaper than anywhere else.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a autometer pyro with intentions of a coolant temp, oil pressure, oil temp, voltage, trans and rear diff temp, and I would like to hook something up for lift pump pressure/vacuum so I can monitor how "clogged" the fuel filters are. Oh and boost when I get a turbo :)

1983 f350 6.9 zf5 2wd srw single cab long bed. Facet duralift, optima red tops, bfg all terrains, 4" exhaust from y pipe back, autometer z series pyro, pump turned up 2 flats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726