Gauge Pics

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
Finally got my gauges painted and installed... and my truck clean enough to take some pics of it without getting embarrassed.

Here is my under cubby pod with oil temp. oil pressure and water temp. Also installed the column pod with a fuel pressure gauge. All my gauges are electric except the boost gauge (going to changes soon i hate mechanical gauges)

I had to make a bracket for my trailer brake controller so that i could see it from the drivers seat.

Sorry for the horrible photography... and the flash made the colors of what i painted look a little off by naked eye you can't tell the difference.

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 73
  • cockpit2.jpg
    cockpit2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 55
  • cockpit3JPG.jpg
    cockpit3JPG.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 59

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Pilot to co-pilot :D ;Sweet :thumbsup: Job! Looks great!
I'm in the process of mounting my mechanical oil press and water temp guages on top of the steering colum on the OBS.....just as soon as the reverse glow white face dashkit comes in :D

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
geonc said:
Pilot to co-pilot :D ;Sweet :thumbsup: Job! Looks great!
I'm in the process of mounting my mechanical oil press and water temp guages on top of the steering colum on the OBS.....just as soon as the reverse glow white face dashkit comes in :D

the column pods are pretty cool but they do obstruct the speedo a little (or mine does from about 70 on down)... but hey there ain't much left on the ticker past 70 untill you get in never never land :D so its not a biggie

post some picks out yours when you get them in

my girlfriend says she feels like she's in a submarine while in my truck now

Neal_P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jlayne said:
Finally got my gauges painted and installed... and my truck clean enough to take some pics of it without getting embarrassed.

Here is my under cubby pod with oil temp. oil pressure and water temp. Also installed the column pod with a fuel pressure gauge. All my gauges are electric except the boost gauge (going to changes soon i hate mechanical gauges)

I had to make a bracket for my trailer brake controller so that i could see it from the drivers seat.

Sorry for the horrible photography... and the flash made the colors of what i painted look a little off by naked eye you can't tell the difference.

Where did you put your senders for the oil temp and coolant temp gauges?

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i put the coolant temp in the water pump by the thermostat

and for right now the oil temp is in the 3/8" port imeadiately behind the oil filter immediatly under the coolant drain plug... this is a port that is just open to the galley so the temp is a little slow to rise but is accurate.. when i'm feeling less lazy i'm going to move my oil pressure sender (currently in the oil filter housing) back to the ear on the very end of the block near the bellhousing and put my oil temp sender in the oil filter housing..... i tried putting the oil temp sender in the ear on the back of the block but that port has pressure but not alot of flow so it wasn't accurate for crap... i will try and get some pics to confuse everyone some more LOL

Neal_P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jlayne said:
i put the coolant temp in the water pump by the thermostat

and for right now the oil temp is in the 3/8" port imeadiately behind the oil filter immediatly under the coolant drain plug... this is a port that is just open to the galley so the temp is a little slow to rise but is accurate.. when i'm feeling less lazy i'm going to move my oil pressure sender (currently in the oil filter housing) back to the ear on the very end of the block near the bellhousing and put my oil temp sender in the oil filter housing..... i tried putting the oil temp sender in the ear on the back of the block but that port has pressure but not alot of flow so it wasn't accurate for crap... i will try and get some pics to confuse everyone some more LOL

I think I know which port you are talking about but would still like to see some pics of it. Thanks for all of your help.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
neal here are the pics.. the plug i have labeled as second best oil temp port is where my oil temp sender is located... i'm going to take the pressure sender out of the filter housing and put it on the rear ear and put the temp sender where the pressure sender is now.. i think i will get the most accurate readings here

the plug where my temp sender is now it a 5/16 square recessed plug.. just incase your working on your truck in the middle of the night and the 24 hr walmart hasn't got anything that will fit it you can take a 3/8" extension and grind it down to 5/16" (i had a twisted on that worked fine and kept me from cussing too bad) this port will give a accurate reading but is slower to react that the filter head

sorry its a day late

Attachments

• block-sending-units-labeled.jpg
    block-sending-units-labeled.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 21
  • plugs-web.jpg
    plugs-web.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 10

Neal_P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. That's the one I thought it was. I really appreciate all of the help and info.