Gas tank swap

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 f-superduty that had duel tanks . the previous owner removed the front tank for unknown reasons . I have a 95 f-150 gasser parts truck that has a good front tank , can i use the gasser tank on the superduty and what parts or changes will i have to make ?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need the straps for the superduty or cab/chassis trucks as well.and im not 100% sure but i think the cab/chassis trucks used a different tank as thier crossmembers are in different locations from a pickup.but everytime i needed a tank it came out of a cab/chassis as thats what i was running.

corliss010492

Reaction score
i have a question about fuel tanks, it says in my manual that i have a 19 gal front tank and a 18.2 rear tank. does that sound right? i can't find an 18.2 gal rear tank, only 19 and 18 are the closest?

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
I have a 94 f-superduty that had duel tanks . the previous owner removed the front tank for unknown reasons . I have a 95 f-150 gasser parts truck that has a good front tank , can i use the gasser tank on the superduty and what parts or changes will i have to make ?

i have an 89 F superduty im parting out right now! dont know where youre located but it seems (emphasis on "seems") to be in useable shape. still has straps too. pm me if youd like to work something out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk