fuel system

SJCummins

Reaction score
i am haveing a problem with my fuel system. the two wires that go into the top of the fuel filter container are smokeing when my truck is running , if anyone knows anything about please let me know. thanks

B

Big K

Please add info about your truck. What model, year, drivetrain, etc. This helps us out. In this particular case, year especially.

Most folks put info in their sig line, so it's there all of the time.

Whit

Reaction score
The wires are for the fuel heater, the heater is simply a ring around the inside of the canister that the fuel flows thru, you can disconnect it easily and run without it until you get a new one, sounds like it shorted out.

Cheers, Kevin

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
his truck is a 99 i dont kno what else for info you need to kno

Whit

Reaction score
You wont be able to pull the heater itself because it is O ring sealed to the canister but you can just unplug it till the new heater shows up, I have had mine out for about 6 months because I thought I was getting high dp from it, I proved there was no dp so all is back to normal now.

Cheers, Kevin

Whit

Reaction score
I ran mine down to like 20 below with no problems, course I always run with additive too.

Cheers, Kevin

SJCummins

Reaction score
thanks alot whitmore, i have another question for you guys i hooked my truck up to my computer and there where to codes tripped does anyone know what these mean?

P1690 ECM loop over run
P1693 circuit fault dash tachometer
thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online