Fuel Selector

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Preparing & gathering information to replace my fuel selector valve. Curious if anyone has the original pn# or information regarding availability. Maybe there's a newer version? Any help will be appreciated.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Search the forum.
This has been discussed thoroughly.
Ways to delete the valve, how to fix the valve, replacement, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the pollack generic one from Amazon I think. It works fine. The plug is a standard 6 pole weatherpack that is wired like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the wire diagram from the factory plug.

Here's what the valve looks like.

Since I was starting from scratch on fuel system, I lengthened the pig tail and moved the valve from the stupid place it was up the frame rail a couple feet.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have couple of these taken from other trucks. One may be designated as a sacrificial lamb for dissection.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oldbull8 did a tutorial I think on dissection cleaning and putting it back together.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to bite the bullet and follow SirRea63l advice and bought the direct factory replacement. $317.99 OUCH!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to bite the bullet and follow SirRea63l advice and bought the direct factory replacement. $317.99 OUCH!
Yeah, Ford is pretty proud of them. Think that's a bit more than I paid 5 years or so ago for one.

Heath

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your Friendly Ford Dealer should have them for the Low Low price of $260. But then again you can get them from any Auto parts store for about $77 including the pig tail, only thing is, they mount horizontal instead of Vertical and have barbs instead of quick connects..

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn't crack any teeth biting that bullet I hope. ;)

The thing is, is why are you changing it?

Won't it shift from tank to tank?

Is it stuck and transferring fuel to the wrong tank?

Won't it shift at all?

I'll guarantee you if you don't fix the tank problem, like the tank filter (shower head) that's probably disintegrated and the rubber has gotten into the FSV.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to spend that money, but my time was worth more and I hate, hate, hate cutting into stock wiring. I don't remember what our local stealership wanted but it was more than Amazon and I had to wait.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does all kinds of things including routing return fuel to the other tank, and possibly (hopefully ) the source of air leak. Only seems noticeable during cold weather under moderate acceleration. I think Laserjock (and possibly others) mentioned in a previous post the valve can become clogged with remnants of the old shower head. Anyway I've replaced both tanks with new poly tanks and new senders & new pick-up screens, should be good there. Unfortunately I didn't blow lines out or check valve during this time, when the job would have been much easier. The current valve is original equipment, 30 years old, over 300,000 miles. If the new replacement has similar service life, I won't need to worry about it........