Fuel pump help

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These pumps suck better than they push fuel and run dry is much longer than you might believe. I recall mine 10 years ago said 12 hours run dry.
Now please tell us what the tanks fuel level is.. If its near the 1/4 tank level you bet the suction lines are broken off and the last 1/4 tank can't be sucked out. My suggestion is add just a little air pressure to the fuel tank you are using. Just enough to "make fuel move"...

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear tank is showing 3/4 but like I said it's sitting nose up in the driveway at the moment, I'll have to try the air pressure trick, and I know the pick up tubes arnt broken I've ran both tanks well below 1/4

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to upload a video but you can hear gurgling threw the outlet on the pump guess I'm gonna have to pull it out of tje driveway so it's more nose down

FordIDIot

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
put fuel in it. remove fuel line to fuel pump. find air nozzle with rag wrapped around it. insert in fuel tank and see if you can get fuel to come out of the line. reconnect, prime and drive!

i see you have your hands full with that old dodge jalopy! talk about rubber frames

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"i see you have your hands full with that old dodge jalopy! talk about rubber frames"
That old thing has been cool to work on, to me it screams gasser, so I had George Asche from AOK racing build me a hot ass flathead for it, and I replaced the 3 speed with a t5 out of a s-10 for a little better gearing, on the list of upgrades is disk brakes. It should outrun any v8 flatty no problem.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I bet if you put some air pressure in the tank you will have the sucking issue solved. Just run the electric pump into a can so you aren't dumping fuel to the driveway.

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Number 11 popped on me anyone know what it is it's a 20 maxi fuse

You must be registered for see images attach

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a jumper to the fss for the time being pump is primed and no more air out of the Schroeder valve but the truck just won't light off any suggestions?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need good batteries to start these truck, they need a lot of rpm to crank, I recommend 850cca min and 1050 as ideal. In your case you might disconnect the gpc and give it a spray of either while cranking, it should help it light off.

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need good batteries to start these truck, they need a lot of rpm to crank, I recommend 850cca min and 1050 as ideal. In your case you might disconnect the gpc and give it a spray of either while cranking, it should help it light off.
Just put brand new batteries in this am Im thinking my gp controller is bad and that's what is popping the fuse I can jump the fss and the jumper don't get hot If I probe the fuse holder the jumper gets hot fast but that wouldn't cause the nonstart my diesel may have sweated it don't smell much like diesel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online