FUEL OR NOT TO FUEL

Robert Thompso

Reaction score
I HAVE LONG HEARD THAT IT DOEN'T MATTER IF YOU USE DYED FUEL OR EVEN KERO IN YOUR ENGINE .....THAT THE DYE IS ONLY USED TO IDENTIFY IT FOR OFF THE ROAD PURPOSES & THE KERO WILL ONLY BURN CLEANER .........IS THIS TRUE?!:dunno........WILL THESE FUELS RUIN ANYTHING WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM?!:backoff

jjduedall

Reaction score
"red" diesel or offroad diesel is the exact same stuff in the regular number 2 pump with die added to make it easy to detect if someone if using it in a on highway pickup. I believe the difference in the price is the fact your not paying taxes on off road diesel therefor it is cheaper. It will not hurt your truck but it could hurt your wallet if you get caught running it

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HAVE LONG HEARD THAT IT DOEN'T MATTER IF YOU USE DYED FUEL OR EVEN KERO IN YOUR ENGINE .....THAT THE DYE IS ONLY USED TO IDENTIFY IT FOR OFF THE ROAD PURPOSES & THE KERO WILL ONLY BURN CLEANER .........IS THIS TRUE?!:dunno........WILL THESE FUELS RUIN ANYTHING WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM?!:backoff

As for dyed fuels here in Idaho it exactly the same... Dyed or undyed... But the Dyed fuel carries roughly $2,000 dollar per gallon fine for using it.

As for kerosene it will distroy a VP44 is a short order being the lubricity of the fuel is way too dry. Even Bosch admit that there fuels system will live a happy life at 450 (or less) HFRR... remember todays fuels is about 520 HFRR

You must be registered for see images

So use the proper fuel...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7