fuel line question

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
Trying to get a bracket that PO super welded so I could install air bags, I managed to melt a place in rear fuel line. Is there a way to couple it back, do I need to replace? Trying to locate a source for the line if anyone knows one. Thanks, Steve

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just replace it. You can get new quick disconnects from the parts store. In the help section.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
Would love to find replacements for it. You think in the meantime I could couple with brass nipples?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's that nylon plastic line, I've used rubber fuel hose and hose clamps myself.

If it fits and doesn't leak, it's fine. Remember, it's not under any pressure - supply line is under vacuum, return should be less than 1 psi.

The only down side to fuel hose is that it seems to start getting hard after about 10 years, after 15-20 it's probably going to need to be replaced...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Easy fix is replace with fuel rated line.The supply is 3/8 diameter and the return is 5/16 diameter.Hose clamps and your golden.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
If you're talking about the nylon hardlines...

In the Doorman help section at autozone, there are brass barb nipples in different sizes that have hard cut barbs on them like push-lok barb fittings. Get the correct size and a couple of injection line clamps, heat one end of hose at a time, just enough to get soft, and press the barb into the line, then let it cool around it and tighten the clamp down on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online

Members online