Fuel issues

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, body lift, new cab mounts, etc. are on. As I had the truck down for all this, i noticed a drip of fuel coming from the pollack valve. I've tracked it down and it is the fuel line that goes from the valve to the engine. It's actually not the valve, but the line about 2-4 inches from the valve, it has a chafed spot where it has rubbed the frame. Not sure how long this has been there, but I want to fix it. I don't want to cut and splice it, but want it fixed right, what are my options? Is there a plastic fuel line with the end on it that goes to the pollack valve available?

Thanks in advance.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to your local autoparts store and look in their help section. they should have a ford hard fuel line repair kit. just be sure to warm the lines up really good(without burning them) to install the repair barb. I think they should have different sizes and some with the quik connect ends and others with two barbs to fix farther inline repairs. I hope this is what you were asking about. good luck.
Alex

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
go to your local autoparts store and look in their help section. they should have a ford hard fuel line repair kit. just be sure to warm the lines up really good(without burning them) to install the repair barb. I think they should have different sizes and some with the quik connect ends and others with two barbs to fix farther inline repairs. I hope this is what you were asking about. good luck.
Alex

sounds like exactly what I need.

Thanks

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another option Scott is to just replace the nylon fuel hose with quality (Gates or Goodyear) fuel hose. 3/8 inside diameter. From the valve all the way to the metal line that goes under the engine.

Heath

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ding ding Heath nailed it.... that is what I did to the E1, only diff was I kept the stock fittings for the fsv. those funky clip dealies I needed...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you will heat-gun the plastic line, it will slide off the plastic clip-on-thingie, thus exposing a plastic hose-barb that plain old rubber line will clamp to.

If the little plastic keeper-thingies are missing or broken, a plain old zip-tie threaded through the slots makes a better replacement than the factory-original clip.

I have also ran for years with plain old rubber hose double-clamped over the plastic-line. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online