FS: 6.2l with 6.5l turbo setup

sootman73

Reaction score
My friend has a 6.2l GM diesel with a 6.5l Turbo Kit installed. It starts and runs without any knocks or missing. I have a video of it running on youtube. I had it revved up when he started the video and i blipped the throttle a few times then let it idle. He's asking $1000 with a good radiator from the donor truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE6hZXUl_oU

sootman73

Reaction score
The motor sounds great in person but that video was on my buddies phone inside the barn so the quality isnt the best. plus i think he was too close to it. i had a 6.2l for a couple years so i know what a bad one sounds like LOL hes got a 6.2l in his 87 now.

he wants to put the turbo on but it requires frame cutting for downpipe or routing it through the wheel well and hes not interested in that much work.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The motor sounds great in person but that video was on my buddies phone inside the barn so the quality isnt the best. plus i think he was too close to it. i had a 6.2l for a couple years so i know what a bad one sounds like LOL hes got a 6.2l in his 87 now.

he wants to put the turbo on but it requires frame cutting for downpipe or routing it through the wheel well and hes not interested in that much work.
i've put together many 6.5 turbo motors into 72-87 trucks and never had to cut into the frame. yes, dropping in the motor is a small inconvience, but I managed to wiggle the exhaust manifold outlets into the "C" part of the frame without cutting. the exhaust should be run outside of the frame so yo don't have to crush the pipe. i took a Banks WG turbo off a ford and mounted it to the factory 6.5 manifold and the exhaust run was very simple outside the frame.

sootman73

Reaction score
I tried to get him to try it because it would really wake up his half ton chevy but he said its together and runs good with no leaks plus he is not in a place financially to spend the time to do it. Which is why he is selling it. I said I guess, gotta do what ya gotta do.