front sway bar bushings

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok what is going on here trying to replace front sway bar bushings on the 2wd 2002 excursion here is what happening. When I try to install the new ones i have to bang the metal bracket around the new bushings that bends out the metal so the bolts wont line up to the frame. I have tried two parts places and they were both the same size. The bar size hole is perfect at 1 1/4", the metal bracket id is 1 9/16" but the new bushings are 1 3/4". Has anybody have a problem like this? The second parts place is ordering a couple different just to see if I can one to work.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i could be wrong here.i remember doin a set on a pickup and we had to get them from ford as the aftermarkets wouldnt fit no matter who we got them from.

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats not good! of course i might be able to shave off some a little at a time to get it too fit, they are only 12.99 for the two and they are poly also, most likely a whole lot cheaper than from ford.

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok the other parts store no luck either but I got them anyway I am thinking of shaving them down to fit in the hold down clamps.

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just fyi i shaved them down and made them the same size as originals and they fit perfect more work than i thought but for 12.99 plus tax for both definately worth some time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online