front receiver

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
has anyone mounted a receiver on the front of there truck. i have an extra one that i thought would be nice to have one in the front for manuvering trailers, solid pull point or if i had extra money laying around a winch:D . is this a totally custom thing or an expansive adapter/new bumper?

thanks

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember who makes then but they are fairly common. I know somebody around me has one and was showing it to me and I'm thinking it was GEO.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I pulled one off my '90 donor truck that I may try to put on my Chevy. I can take a couple of shots of it if you like.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
that would be nice, or at least could you tell me how and where it is supposed to mount up.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Come on Calvin, anything is doable!!! I will have one on the front of my 4X4 when I get my new bumper on. But yes, the leaf springs mount to the bottom (actually the pivot mounts up in the frame, but through the bottom) which makes most of the bolt on ones not available. I have looked through several listings, but none list them for these trucks, they list earlier and later, but because of the spring mounts and how the factory bolt on receivers work, they generally bolt to the bottom of the frame, they just don't hassle with it.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Hey Cal...it doable on 4X4 LOL mine is straight from Reese and is rated for 8k ---straight line pull.

That is about the limit of a receiver type winch mount as well if I'm not mistaken.

Ill look for a better pic, but here's one....just under the front licence plate...

Attachments

• front receiver.JPG
    front receiver.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 16

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
OK...took a couple pics....mine simply bolts between the frame rails at the bumper pads......

:sorry: the truck is dirty LOL

Attachments

• front receiver.JPG
    front receiver.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 15
  • front receiver-2.JPG
    front receiver-2.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 9