Front receiver mount for a 89??

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Are there any front receiver mounts available for a 89 f250 4wd diesel?? I can only find for 92 and up, and apparently there are some frame changes made in 92 so that won't fit my 89?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
as in hitch receiver?? I just made mine if thats what you are talking about.

You must be registered for see images attach

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i made mine too
little stronger than ailen
i ran semi truck frame off my frame then 4 inch dia 1/2 wall tube across and 1/8 2x3 tube to mount the reciver
it sticks a hitch out just past the new bumper but hides up behind without a hitch in and acts as a crash gaurd for the front axle and when wheeling a plow

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hitch receiver, yes. I was planning to make one but wasn't sure how to construct the mounts to the frame, but notching the frame and welding it in place seem like a clean way to install it. Biggest problem is actually to get a hold of steel with the proper dimensions, at least to a reasonable price.. :rolleyes: No dealers. Need to see if I can scavenge some steel from someone or something..

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yeah i dont remember any dimensions of the top of my head. i know the square tubing i used to go across the frame is 1/2 wall thick. Make sure when you are welding it in that you use a very hot machine such as an arc welder or a heavy duty 220 mig machine. I can pull a house backwards with that hitch and can assure you its not going to budge ;Sweet

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I pulled the one from my '90 and I'll be making it fit on the Chevy at some point. I can get some pics and measurements if you'd like. It was a bolt on deal that I think someone made for it.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
discount steel
they can get you what you need steel wise online
and the trailer websites sell recievers just the reciver ready to weld to steel

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
discount steel
they can get you what you need steel wise online
and the trailer websites sell recievers just the reciver ready to weld to steel

Oooooh, I liked that site! ;Sweet Even with shipping to Norway it's still faster and cheaper than trying to find something locally..

2"x2" square tube with 3/16" or 0.25" (thickest wall they got) should be enough I reckon? The rear hitch mount which is rated at 8000 lbs is made from a 3/16" tube (2"x2").

I have a receiver tube already which I bought a couple of years ago, as I said I was planning to build one myself. ;Really

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7