Front-end wobble

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After replacing the whole steering assy w/ Moog from the pitman to the wheels, my trucks had been driving arrow straight w/ no shakes. Then after a week I notice a slight vibration from the pass side front. I figure it was the tire since it was rolled from the rear and it was kinda old, good tread though. On the way home yesterday I thought it, the vibration, was getting worse on the highway, No steering wheel shaking, but I can see my stick vibrating pretty bad. The vibration calmed down once I got into town and in traffic.

On my commute this AM I was looking for the vibration and didn't notice any thing other than the origional vibration until I was slowing for a stoplight got around 35 and it felt like I had an egg for a front tire. The rest of the drive was terrible and the ride @ 25-35 feels like a warped wagon wheel. :eek:

I looked @ the tires and the driver side tire is work real bad on the inside half. I though that this was being caused by the steering components being bad. What could be causing this? What is a ballpark price for parts to fix this? I know I am asking for diagnosis for something you cant see cookoo

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the truck in for a allinement, changing out all those parts surely has changed it . They will be able to tell you what other parts are bad. Also the usually never charge if they can't do it. they just write up a work order telling you whats wrong and how much it would cost to fix it. I fix it myself and bring it back for the allinement

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I/m hoping it just may be a caster adjustment. I am saving for new set of tires and just dumped 350 in parts for the frontend and a new water pump! So money is tight!

Thanks I'll drop by the alignment shop today.

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 15 minutes in to my drive home I lost my Driver-side tire. Fitted the spare on and headed home. No wobble, No shakes, straight as an arrow ans smooth.

This is the 2nd General Tire to delaminate on me. I am waiting for the last one to let go. I am going to take it to the tire shop and get an alginment and some Coopers. Damn tire beat up the inside of my wheel well pretty good, bending the Al diamond plate running boards flush to the top of the wheel well :(

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alignment job is needed for sure and you also need to balance those tires. Also, make sure the track bar (panhard bar if you prefer) bushing are solid and without play. These issues can cause you to "death wobble" in the front, even with good balljoints and king pins.

Heath

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the inner & outer tie rods, ends, including the drag link w/ Moog. Definitely heavy duty stuff, much beefier than stock, w/ geaseable ends.

Once I swapped on the spare the shakes were gone and it drove, once again, straight as an arrow. My son said my camber is off as the tires look like / \ when he looked at the tires. I am taking it to the shop today for an aglinment. Hopefully I can come away w/ just the cost of the alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online