Front end problem?

Fordfarmer123

Reaction score
When I hit like 40mph I feel a back and forth stutter kinda hard to explain the original owner said it's because of the over sized tires im doubting that. I also have play in my steering wheel I'm pretty sure that's because of my steering gear box.
Could you guys possibly give me some techniques for checking my front end? Thanks

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the original owner said it's because of the over sized tires im doubting that.

It could be a balance issue if it goes away around 55-60.

I've had mud tires get choppy, but usually you feel that at any speed.

If you end up changing the gear, RockAuto has Lares remans for like 80 plus core. Way tighter than my old leaking box. I've replaced two reman Cardone boxes. I couldn't possibly recommend Cardone anymore.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I hit like 40mph I feel a back and forth stutter kinda hard to explain the original owner said it's because of the over sized tires im doubting that. I also have play in my steering wheel I'm pretty sure that's because of my steering gear box.
Could you guys possibly give me some techniques for checking my front end? Thanks
What truck...

What tyre size...

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This what I check in order when I have had that problem. (Many times too)
1. Ball joints
2. Wheel bearings
3. Axle pivot bushings/bolts
4. Tie rod ends/pitman arm bearing/
5. Steering box play

Doesn't have to be in that order obviously but I check them all. Ball joints have never been kind to me.

Mike

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F350 on 35s. I'm going to assume 4wd? Check your track bar/panhard bar. I believe it should be attached at the frame near the steering box and at the axle on the passenger side somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle