Front Brake Pads

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been using Raybestos Brute stop pads up front for some time now. I need to replace them now. What are you guys using and have you ever used the Brute stops. Thanks for any imput.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i would be interested to know to since it looks like i have a brake job this weekend. i know rabestos are supposed to be good brakes, i was never really impressed with the brakes auto zone sells "duralast" they seemed ok when i worked there. mostly because they had a liftime warrenty so you could bring them back once a year for free. i swore off advance brakes after they fell apart while putting them on one of my cars.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
I would also like to know what folks are using. What I want is the most aggressive pad, how long they last is secondary. Same with the rear drum shoes, what is the most aggressive.

Jim

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I use the "medium" of the three grades that Napa sells. The soft grade wear too fast and the top grade tend to squeek and wear the rotors. I believe they are made by Raybestos. About $45 a set.

Tom

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I use bendix for years on my truck and all the vans on the company, but after some time the guy at advance didnr't want to exchange the pads under warranty so now i get them anywhere that is closer.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed Hawk HP Superduty pads on the front of my wrecker. They are supposed to be some "miricle" compound that gives better braking torque, and longer pad and rotor life.