from bad to worst HELP

gregorylawyer

Reaction score
I have a 1990 F-250 7.3, 5spd. Went to turn off the truck and it kept running, when the key was off all electrical turned off, so I stalled it in 5th to stop it. next I checked the power to the fuel shut off electrical Ok , I had and extra switch but where the problems began, while the engine was running I pinched the fuel return line to stall the engine. but it started missing and blowing white smoke up on restarted before changing the fss switch , I went head and change the FSS, now is shut off properly but still missing and smoking , then I replace the fuel return lines and bled the injector line the miss and smoke continued and cleaned all the injectors still no change , Where do I go from here?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you unpinch the fuel return line? these pumps do not like backpressure of any kind in the fuel return system

TronDD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your main engine wiring harness plug. If the glow plug wires melt it internally, they'll power the FSS all the time. I know you replaced the FSS and say it shuts down now, but mine was intermittent depending on whether or not things made a connection inside the plug. That might still be a problem.

Can't comment on the running condition, though.

Tim.

gregorylawyer

Reaction score
Well I replace the injector pump and she like new, thanks for the input. The moral of this story. DONT PINCH THE FUEL LINE !!!!!!!! I hate when that happens :(

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would seem to be the indication, but I've seen that happen before without ruining the pump. Must have moved some dirt around with the extra case pressure or something.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
or just pop the shrader valve open and let some air in. that will shut her down. better then backing up fuel into the IP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online