Free Veggie Oil

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap Veggie Oil

I have a 55 gallon drummed filled with vegetable oil that has only been used once. I need it gone, I am planning to switch to wmo but need this gone first.

I would like to keep my drum if possible ot maybe trade my platic for a metal. I am located in central Florida over in Deltona.

Please give me a call if you are interested. 386-801-9093
If ya dont get through just leave a message.
The first 20 bucks takes its all!

Last edited:

firemediceric

Reaction score
I'll be in Deltona in a couple of weeks. If you still have it at that time, maybe we can work something out.

I have a couple of steel drums where the bottom is cut out leaving the top in tact with 2" and 3/4" bungs. This allows valves to be put in the bottom of the drum for draining, etc.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of right know right know firemediceric, youve got first dibs. I just need it gone. I kinda dont live in the right neighborhood ot have barrels in my backyard. Thus its vege oil or motor oil. I shoud be getting about 80 more gallons of veggie oil come the next earth day birthday event. I think I had a total of 100 gallons from the last event and have only manage to burn about half of it!

It was only used once for about 12 hours straight so it is already pretty clean.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right, whatever works. You wouldnt happen to know anyone interested in a turbo for an idi? Im saving up for a new hypermax kit that will fit my 5sp and need to sell my banks kit that set up for an automatic.

firemediceric

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know anyone with an IDI, although I wouldn't mind having one.

If you need to get rid of the oil fast, maybe post on info-pop, Frybrid or Craig's List.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me your email addess and ill send you some pictures. I drop the price down to 675, i need the money to pick up one that will fit my 5sp.

firemediceric

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. Now it looks like I won't be in the Deltona area anytime in the foreseeable future. Developments over the weekend mean I won't be getting any further north on I-95 than Cocoa until I don't know when.

Sorry.

If you happen to head down to Vero, I can take the oil off of your hands and probably give you a couple of barrels

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats to bad, Ive got someone coming to get it Wed. Hes going to show me how to make bio and hes also going to buy some of my pumps as well.

Ive got relatives over around Vero beach. So I do go over their occasionally. Im supposed to be getting all of the veggie oil from our local fair, so I should have more then I know what to do with, I just dont live in the type of neighborhood that puts up with barrels in the back yard. So im sure that Ill have more oil to unload in the future.

firemediceric

Reaction score
Thats to bad, Ive got someone coming to get it Wed. Hes going to show me how to make bio and hes also going to buy some of my pumps as well.

Ive got relatives over around Vero beach. So I do go over their occasionally. Im supposed to be getting all of the veggie oil from our local fair, so I should have more then I know what to do with, I just dont live in the type of neighborhood that puts up with barrels in the back yard. So im sure that Ill have more oil to unload in the future.

I'm glad it worked out for you to get rid of the oil as you wanted to.

Beware of the oil from the local fair. I did that one year and I have no desire to do it again. Some of the oil smelled so sickly sweet and was like syrup from all the sugar the funnel cakes and the like are fried in, other buckets & cubies had trash, corn cobs and any other garbage you can imagine stuffed in also. It was with that oil I started mist washing. That made all of the oil useable for me and I continue to mist wash all of my oil to deal with the possible presence of caustic grill cleaners or any other contaminants that could eat the injectors. I make a WVO blend instead of BD, so any of the junk you may deal with might all drop out with the glycerin and what doesn't will likely be taken care of when you mist wash your fuel after the glycerin seperation phase, unless you do a 1 day GL Push/Pull type process.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I recieved oil from the fair it turned out to be pretty decent. The venders have to drain it back into the cubies and take it to the drop off behing the main building. I usually go through and pick out the ones that appear the most clean, I then let it settle for about a month and then filter it to 5 microns. Ive run about 50 gallons this way and the truck seems to run better then ever. The glow plugs do carbon up after awhile and I just run a mix of 30 wt motor oil and tranny fluid or I just hook onto a 10000lb trailer and go for a 70mph drive, nothing works better then workin the motor to clear the cobwebs!

Im goin out to get some pictures of the trubo kit this afternoon. So I should have some pictures a little later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online