Ford diesel Oil who runs it?

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at Walmart tonight picking up some stuff and happened to find this. Is anyone running it? If it is suitable for our engines the price is not bad.

You must be registered for see images attach

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s good or not, but when I got oil last week that same container was $18.97 here!

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I will buy a bunch and set it on the shelf. Can't really beat the price if it is a quality oil. It did say it was designed for the powerstroke but was safe for older diesels.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some reading I've done on the Blackstone Labs website implies/suggests that unless you plan to run an extended OCI that most motor oils perform about the same and that the larger differences are only observable over greater mileage. Basically, if you change oil & filter 3k-5k then any oil of the appropriate weight should be fine.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most oil around texas is sky high..... We are told that since the standard of living( wages) are higher here, the price is also higher................................problem is: not everyone works in the oilfield and makes oilfield wages.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I have alway heard that motorcraft and shell rotella are good oils because they are anti-foaming.

Rock

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
That’s all I run. Haven’t had any problems

Truthfully, who here has ever had "problems" with any oil brand in any vehicle they have driven? Not counting how Rotella seems to burn more in IDIs. That's not really a "problem" with the oil itself but more an "problem" of how IDIs are.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
We are told that since the standard of living( wages) are higher here,

Says who, the Texas state government? Texas is #38 based on various data related to quality of life/standard of living: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

If you want to skip the raw data of all the states, this article talks specifically about Texas: https://patch.com/texas/dallas-ftworth/texas-ranked-no-38-best-state-country-u-s-news

It's like how people in the US are brainwashed into thinking it's the best country in the world, when the reality, it's #15 in for quality of life based on various factors. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

ps444mike

Reaction score
use to run Delo till they change the formula. then talk to my buddy at Ford he said that a lot of the high hp trucks run it no prob.. im up there in hp an haven't had any problems. also pretty good price at auto zone

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truthfully, who here has ever had "problems" with any oil brand in any vehicle they have driven? Not counting how Rotella seems to burn more in IDIs. That's not really a "problem" with the oil itself but more an "problem" of how IDIs are.
Don't know now days, but Havoline Oil use to be really bad , When uses to do rebuilds could always tell when someone use it, gray gummy film in engine that was a pain to get off. Have heard Penns is not good in Power Strokes, foams. causing injector to act up .