Flexplate Spacer

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I got some trouble here. Seems the spacer that BTS fabricated is about .300 too thin and the gear in ingaged to the starter with the bolts bottomed out in the crank........-cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss . You know I can't be madder than this, what next. Anyway if anybody has this spacer out and could measure the thickness of it I really need to know what it is. Mine measures .624 and my old flywheel is .909. Thanks all.....

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the measurement. As I posted my cast iron flywheel measures .909 so probably what you have is the correct thickness part. Typ4 (russ) and I have been emailing back and forth. He feels his is about the same thickness as yours but he has it at the shop and will call me in the morning about it. I called Fordparts Online about finding one. They found one in Sants Rosa Ca. Thats about 300 miles from me. They are UPS shipping it to me overnite. It will be here in the morning. I sure hope its the correct part. As bad as things have gotten here I don't feel anything is out of the relm of possibility now. I just don't understand how Brian at BTS can have several fabricated and not look at them and see that at least the one he shipped me was short almost 300 thousands. 5/16th is .3125 so anybody really looking at this could tell right off that something is way off......:dunno

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well mine came off a '91 with E4OD and I would think all the factory ones are the same. I'll probably never use mine so if the Ford one doesn't work out you can have it.