First start procedure

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
well like i said there was a ton of fuel coming out of the return lines but it didnt seem like the injetors were getting any

mech140

mech140
Reaction score
when all else fails i always fall back on this little trick i picked up on the job,(i'm a heavy equipment mech.) You can get a clean rag, at least a 18inch by 18 inch square or larger and pour clean regular gas on the rag, you want to saturate it then lay the rag,(wadded up in a lump,) over the intake screen and have someone crank it for you, you will have to control the throttle from under the hood, after it hits and starts rev it up with thr rag still on the intake , let it run for a few seconds 30 or so, use your own judgement,it will blow white smoke but this is norm. then remove rag and truck should level off if not repeat but wait a few min. inbeteen times .make sure to re-soak rag with gasoline. hope this helps....
Bob.....

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
im getting real frustrated now... no matter how long i crank it im still not getting anything from the lines on the injectors, the filter is full of fuel and i had my stepdad hold the schrader valve in while i cranked it to see if fuel came out an nothing came out, could my fuel pump be shot now? i dont think it would be because it was pumping fuel into the flter before

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
so i have been fiddling with the truck tring to get it to start, and i have fuel coming to the IP in the inlet line, but it doesnt seem like the IP is pumping the fuel to the cylinders. any insight in to this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online