First oil change observations

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
1)The oil filter cap is SPRING LOADED, I was not aware of this until it was too late. :mad:

2)When 10w-30 is HOT it runs out of the drain very nicely and will overrun your catch pan making a mess. -cuss -cuss

3)The canister type oil filter is much cleaner to change than the old style spin on's and cost roughly 2 times as much.......what we will pay for cleanliness :Thumbs Up

4)The dip stick is a PITA to get out, my arms just aren't long enough, and it's flimsy as hell and doesn't want to go back in without some guidance all the way down. Come on Ford something a little thicker than piano wire would be nice. ;Really

5)Filling it back up was a no brainer, mine took 13 qts to bring it to the min mark on the stupid stick. Ran it at high idle for 5 minutes and let it sit whilst I cleaned up the mess (see #2) and re-checked.

Other than that I love this truck!!

Oh yeah one more thing.......you might be a redneck if you light up a smoke while laying under your truck watching the oil drain :rotflmao :rotflmao

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. I checked mine for the first time yesterday and cussed about the dipstick compered to the 7.3. It is about 4 feet long and about as stiff as a piece of string cookoo

parcours

Reaction score
First oil change

Well, did mine today... Went well.. I got a 15qt pan and boy did the oil flow fast! I thought it was going to overflow, but it didn't.

I put on a Fumoto valve, and that should help with the quantity of oil that come out.

I went with Delo 15W40 and an MC filter.. Ended up with 14 1/2qts to full.

Juan

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08