First Diesel Ever, Could Really Use Some Advice

Zion

Reaction score
I’ve worked on IH tractors more than trucks, and the blow by seemed similar, I was just concerned about the oil out the dipstick. It is a relief to know the noise emanating from the oil fill is caused by the IP. To my untrained ear, I thought I was in for bad news.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
In regards to the CDR do you have a hole in the drivers side valve cover , as that is where it belongs if you have a turbo engine.
Yes he does. He mentioned having the bracket to mount it and it's also where the RDT comes out.
Zion, put that CDR back ASAP. It would drive me nuts to have all of that oil all over the front of the truck.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I’ve worked on IH tractors more than trucks, and the blow by seemed similar, I was just concerned about the oil out the dipstick. It is a relief to know the noise emanating from the oil fill is caused by the IP. To my untrained ear, I thought I was in for bad news.
I agree that the blowby seems normal. If you remove the oil cap and shine a light in there with the engine shut off, you can see the gear. Then you'll understand why it sounds so loud. It's only a few inches away from the oil cap.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you wrap a piece of paper up in a tube and stick it in the filler tube that will exclude the blow by from rushing past the threads in the tube. That was causing the whistle sound on my previous engine. Then you can really hear the gears whirring along.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online