Extrude Honed IDI injectors

tgatch

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with extrude honed IDI injectors. What I want to know is the following:

Did you gain any power? If so how much of a gain?
Did it help or hurt fuel economy?
Was it worth it?
Would you do it again on an IDI injector?

Thanks for any input on this...

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ive only thought of the idea but i could never get anybody on the phone over there but then i found dps stage 1s and tryed to get them here that fell through and now im thinking of trying them again to see what they can do for us

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had researched that and from what I understand about our injectors is that there is a different setup that would not work well with the extrude hone process.

Our injectors are alot like a needle and seat on a carb. There is no small ports to have to hone out so the seat area would perhaps be reshaped and seal poorly I am not sure.

It is something to think about for the intake, heads and exhaust manifolds though!

tgatch

Reaction score
I had researched that and from what I understand about our injectors is that there is a different setup that would not work well with the extrude hone process.

Our injectors are alot like a needle and seat on a carb. There is no small ports to have to hone out so the seat area would perhaps be reshaped and seal poorly I am not sure.
It is something to think about for the intake, heads and exhaust manifolds though!

That's kind of what I was thinking too. Technically this isn't a 6.9 or a 7.3. But I figured if it had been tried one of you guys would know..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online