Electronic Transfer Case

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got into some real deep snow on my farm feild and would have liked 4wd low. But it would not go in for nothing... I have since tried it on my driveway, rolling down hill slow, in park, in neutral, in drive, even with a beer in hand... NOTHING...

Anyone have a clue what it could be? I dont have time to make it to the dealer for a bit... Would be nice to fix it myself its its an adjustment thing?

ISNMU:thanks:

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Will it go into 4x4 at all? Do you have "auto" hubs? If it doesn't even go into 4x4 at all and you have auto hubs it is mostly like it has lost vaccum. Check the connections at the knuckles.

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Originally posted by ISurvivedNMU
It will go into 4x4, just not 4 low?

Click here and start chasing wires then my guess would be the Transfer case shift relay....

How do I attach images here??? I have a picture of what it looks like but can't tell you where it is located. I would assume in the PDM but don't know for sure.

Last edited:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit reply, and then chose browse on the bottom of the messge.... Youc an choose pictures from your hard drive. Im giuessing you are using the quick reply, instead of clicking reply...

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Thats why i oredered a stick on da floor and manual hubs!! I don't have to deal with that chit!!!!!!!

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
I swear it asn't there before Brian but it has been a long day so maybe it was...

Anyway here is what the relay looks like but I still can't find a location on it since FMCdealer is down AGAIN:rolleyes:

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 53

swanee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get into 4low from 2wd if you manually lock your hubs, put it in neutral, put your foot on the brake, and turn the switch to 4low. If you're in 4hi, just the last 3 steps. Gotta have neutral and brake or it won't go in no matter what.:angel:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I cannot tell you is if I had my foot on the brake... But I will try that..Thanks!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I pulled it out of the barn yesterday, and it would not go into 4x4, let alone 4 low... It was cold while I was gone for the week, but? So I am going to try it later, and probably hit the dealer.... But i will post wht is wrong if I get it fixed soon...

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
hit the dealer. I had this problem with my 04. got to the point to where when I put the truck in neutral it would start rolling forward, even against an incline.

they replaced the whole dam tranny but didn't want to replace the modules due to cost LOL
after all was said and done, the tranny had all new parts, and they still had to replace all the electronics.

sorry to hear the probs man. it is dealer time.

dzltech1

Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
Got into some real deep snow on my farm feild and would have liked 4wd low. But it would not go in for nothing... I have since tried it on my driveway, rolling down hill slow, in park, in neutral, in drive, even with a beer in hand... NOTHING...

Anyone have a clue what it could be? I dont have time to make it to the dealer for a bit... Would be nice to fix it myself its its an adjustment thing?

ISNMU:thanks:

I have seen the 4WD module do the same thing,it is behind the glovebox up behind the airbag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online